Wednesday, October 28, 2009

I LOVE Pretty, Pretty Flowers!

Yesterday was my 8th wedding anniversary! Boy, the years have flown by! My wonderful husband bought me the gorgeous roses in the above photo and I had to share them with you! I always tell him that if he is going to buy me flowers, to buy them in bunches and not arranged because I LOVE to arrange them myself! I even arranged one of my best friend's wedding flowers and bouquets! I'm an amateur, but practice makes perfect, right?
We had a lovely day with the kids and dinner out with my best friend & her hubby, as our wedding day is also her birthday! At our wedding, I had a small cake made to match my wedding cake and presented it to her later in the night and all of the wedding guests sang her Happy Birthday! We have been best friends since junior high school, and I am lucky to have her.
Here are some roses I arranged for her when her 2nd baby girl was born last year!


Late in the day yesterday, we received some BIG news! We found out that an offer we made on another home was accepted by the bank! (This is not the house we currently live in...so we will be moving AGAIN in 3-4 weeks!) I'll tell you more about the house later, but it will be a project so get ready for some fun remodeling posts next month! It is in a beautiful kid-friendly community and we are so excited to get to work on it and get settled finally!

The photo of my anniversary flowers was taken in my favorite little corner of "The TomKat Studio" in our current house. There's a long story behind my new fabulous pink & orange chair...
I'll be telling you about it soon!

Isn't it gorgeous?!

15 comments:

Aaron [air] said...

Kim, CONGRATS on finding out you got your house! I am sure as a family you are all so excited! I cant wait to hear about it all! As you know we start moving tomorrow, should have been today but I am going car shopping instead :)

Maybe we can inspire one another?! Oohh and I do want to hear about the chair. Its cute!

McVal said...

Happy Anniversary and congrats on your new home!
You've got a very busy next few weeks!

Jess said...

Happy, happy anniversary! Congrats on your new home...can't wait to see how you're going to decorate!

honeysuckle said...

Congratulations on your anniversary and on your soon to be new home. Good luck with the next hectic weeks preparing and moving in!

Heather @ Glitter and Gloss said...

Happy Anniversary, and yay for the new house! I'm so excited for you!!

Tracey Bower- Bower Studio said...

Today is our 9th anniversary!

VICKI LYNN PHOTOGRAPHY said...

Happy Anniversary and CONGRATS on the new house!!! :)

Love ya,
V

Meredith Nelson Photography said...

Yes on the new house! Cant wait for some details! Happy Anniversary!

Unknown said...

just lovely. happy, happy anniversary!

Tricia said...

Happy anniversary Kim. Your flowers are gorgeous and I love that pink chair, can't wait to hear all about it. Congrats on the house too- yahoo!! :-)

Becky said...

Tell your hubby....good job on the flowers! They are stunning. Also, I'm so excited you will be on a new adventure with a new home....looking forward to pictures of before and after!!

Kristi Hansen said...

Thank you my love! I can't think of a better couple to share my birthday with! We had a wonderful time at dinner the other night :) I am the lucky one to have YOU for a best friend! Looking forward to your new house and some fun remodeling projects!! Love you!!!

Jodee said...

Happy Anniversary!

katie@tulsadetails said...

You are a natural at floral design! Very pretty! I used to own my own floral shop -- love, love, love to arrange!

Amber Filkins said...

It is SOO gorgeous! I was thinking that when I first saw the picture. I absolutely ♥ it.

Congrats on getting the house! Can't wait to read all about the remodel.