Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Invitations: A Little Birdie Told Me.....

I recently had a special request for a potential customer on Etsy, for a invitation for a girl baby shower with a bird theme. The customer saw my lollipop invitations, and wanted something crafty like that, but within a budget. She sent me the picture below from Martha of the cupcakes they are having at the party but in pink (cute)!
I based this layout on a new design I recently did for Sarah for a baby shower she has coming up (I will post soon!), that included the scalloped border, which I love! Then, I designed the momma & baby chicks, printed and cut into scalloped circles! The circles "pop" off the page, to give it that crafty feel the customer is looking for!
I hope she likes them! Kate sure does! :)

I posted the invites on Etsy last night, and I'll be working on all the other items to create a collection soon!
FIND THEM HERE :)

10 comments:

Sarah's Fab Day said...

Adorable!!!

Meredith said...

These are SO stinkin' CUTE...Great work!

Aaron [air] said...

Okay I am emailing you tonight. You need a paper cutter!! I cant imagine you doing all this stuff by hand!

Kim - The TomKat Studio said...

Thanks girls! Air - My cousin actually dropped off her Cricut to me yesterday to try out! I haven't really had a chance to figure it out yet, but looks like lots of fun! PS. I used a punch...easy.

Aaron [air] said...

Well I am glad you are going to try the cricut. Give the Pazzle a look online as well. The biggest advantage to it is not needing cartridges. You can use anything on your computer and with fonts thats especially helpful. I go to a website called scrapnfonts.com and download from there. Their fonts are inexpensive. In fact they are having a dollar sale currently in its last week. I figured you used a punch but still I bet that gets mundane....maybe not though! You are awesome!

Sarah said...

Are you girls talking about anything that relates to the Zyron? I saw Martha talking about and have been wondering if I 'need' it. Same thing?

Heather said...

Those are such cute invites! A good addition to your collection!

*margie* said...

Absolutley ADORABLE, Kim!! I might have to "borrow" the bird theme (cupcakes and all!) for my shower. ...and of course, I'll have to place an order for these fantastic invites ;) I'd attempt them myself, but they wouldn't look nearly as perfect as yours do! You're so darn creative!

Aaron [air] said...

Pittsy- Kim has the Cricut in her possession and I have a Pazzles Inspiration Cutter. I have seen the xyron but havent gotten to actually see what it does....if you do any paper crafting a computerized cutting machine is a great tool! Also mine cuts fabric, tin, etc. Can engrave, etc. I dont spend nearly as much time on mine as I would like but I still love it!

Kim - The TomKat Studio said...

I'm going to have to check out the Pazzle...if I can use my own fonts...that's what I need! I'm obsessed with fonts. Anyone else have advice on the cutting machines?

Marge - You should totally do the little birdie theme for your shower! I'm so excited for you! When is your due date? If you need any of the paper items for your shower, I'll give you the childhood long lost best friend discount! :)