Saturday, December 20, 2008

Gingerbread Men - 4 Day Project?

Jeez, who knew how complicated it is to bake 50 gingerbread men! I try not to cook, but I do love to bake. My mom decided she wanted to make custom gingerbread cookies to attach to Christmas gifts this year, and she did a trial run and brought some to my purse party. They were so delicious, I decided I wanted to make them for my neighbors and the Divas Christmas Party so I enlisted her help and we did it. Day 1: Made dough. Easy enough, refrigerate overnight. Day 2: Rough day. Rolling, flour everywhere, baking...Repeat. Repeat. Keep repeating. At this point, I decided this wasn't worth the effort. Day 3: Icing! This is the fun part. At first, being the perfectionist I am, I hated the ones I was doing. 25 cookies later....I was pretty proud of the results. Day 4: Bag, label & tie. Very important touches that really finished them off! :)


Today, my mom called and said to turn on Paula Deen, that she was about to decorate gingerbread men. I called her back afterwards and we laughed about how bad they looked! Ours are way better!

Email me if you would like the recipe or Publisher layout for the labels!

1 comment:

Junita said...

Adore this gingerbread men, you always think to the last touch...cherry on top quality :)